PatternDynamics™ resolves complexity
We Train Leaders to Manage Complexity Better.
Humanity’s biggest challenge is complexity. In the last two decades communication technologies have connected more people in more powerful ways, speeding up our lives and placing unprecedented stress on individuals, organisations, and, in fact, the whole planet. In the Planetary Era everyone is a leader: everyone has the capacity to make decisions that effect large numbers of people and the planet itself in significant ways. Therefore we believe it is essential to make methods for managing complexity available to everyone. PatternDynamics™ is a tool designed to help absolutely anyone learn to manage organisational complexity better. We do this by providing training in two key skills:
- Recognising the Principles of Complexity: We will help you learn to do this in any situation, in any organisation, at any scale, from families and communities, to workplaces and businesses, to public institutions and private corporations, to the interplay of all these types of organisations up to the planetary scale.
- Engaging in Collaborative Systems Thinking using these Principles of Complexity. No one person or small group of people can manage complexity effectively. If the challenge of complexity is created through increased connectivity then the solution can only be through enacting the collective intelligence available through increased collaboration.
PatternDynamics™ is a simple set of symbols representing the Principles of Complexity. Here’s how it works:
- The key to learning the Principles of Complexity is Patterns– symbols that represent these principles.
- The key to using the Patterns is Systems Thinking-a way of using multiple principles.
- The key to engaging in Systems Thinking is through a Pattern Language–a way of communicating using multiple principles.
- Using PatternDynamics™ as that Pattern Language enacts an organisation’s Collective Intelligence in the management of complexity.
Enhancing collective intelligence is an important way of unlocking latent value. We think this is an essential requirement for any organisation or business that wants to thrive in the 21st Century.
If you are an organisational professional or hold a position of senior leadership we can train you and accredit you to use these skills to create Cultures of Sustainability and to facilitate Deep Sustainability Design: strategies that will give organisations you work with both a competitive edge and a greater capacity for creating positive change in the world.